Tuesday, September 10, 2013

No really, why am I the only one that gets spit up on all the time?!?!?

So I had this problem when Adrien was born where I was the only person to ever get spit up on. The time my mother was alive she never got it. My dad never got it. Kim's family never got it. Hell Kim rarely got it. Now with Eevie, I guess I had forgotten the pattern. I mean Kim nurses and burps, minimal spit up. Kim nurses and I burp, spit up all over the burp cloth, all over my shirt and occasionally my shorts. How am I this unlucky? It's not so much a problem to Eevie. She just does it and smiles at me, just like Adrien did. Why was I not more prepared? How come I didn't think ahead and keep a hazmat suit lying around for burping? It doesn't even have to be burping either... Changing diapers I get projectile spit up on me and then laughed at. I kid you not, I have to change shirts at least 3-4 times a day. Unless I'm not going anywhere. Then I just smell it and if it doesn't smell sour, I just let it dry... Don't judge. Oh the things you do as a parent. All this to say, it's really hard to keep a little girl looking super cute when you have to keep a bib on her to keep her outfits clean.... It's all just one big damn spit up conspiracy in this household I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment