Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What's the right music for a baby?

So what do you listen to while in the car with your baby? I can't do kids songs. Not now. When he can sing along, maybe. But right now I can't. I try to keep the rap to a minimum. Usually while he is sleeping. Mainly for the simple fact of I dont want his first word to be f#%k or b@#&h. I would feel pretty horrible about that. So I listen to STP and Kings of Leon and The Black Keys. He doesn't know Scott Weiland is a junkie. Was, is? Who knows these days. I like the rockabye baby stuff but I need words. I need to hear something other than what sounds like a xylophone playing Metallica or GnR. Decisions, decisions. Gucci Mane is a def not. Bloodhound Gang really won't do well. Five Finger Death Punch would probably scare him. Gnarls Barkley is pretty good I guess. Cee-Lo by himself, not so good for the kid. So it's not like I can really put the iPod on shuffle. I wish I could pick up Pandora in the car and just keep it on the children's folk music channel. But I can't do that. Radio is always hit or miss. I refuse to listen to country so that's out of the question. Religion channels, no. Talk radio, no for the simple fact I dont want him to care about politics. Because they are all crooks. Hispanic music, no. So I never really know what to play. I can't wait til you get a little older so maybe you can choose. So here's to waitin on you buddy.....

1 comment: